Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost my album artwork. How do I restore it?

iPad

Posted on Jul 7, 2012 4:42 PM

6 replies

Dec 7, 2012 8:35 AM in response to turingtest2

The issue of no artwork on the device appears to be resolving itself. Since having sent my original inquiry last nite, I took it on myself to sync "Only selected [items]" and took all checkmarks off. Made f/ a very fast sync to the device. Then, when began syncing the "Entire music library" - now 7 hours and 2346 songs ago - the artwork is appearing as expected on the iPod. Frustrating how slong it takes to sync 4337 songs!

Oct 23, 2013 7:28 PM in response to timba54

I've had this problem for YEARS. Apple seems incapable of fixing it. Today I downloaded the new iOS and now all kinds of albums suddenlty have no artwork or the wrong artwork. Led Zepplein's Complete Remastered Hits now has the cover from their CODA album, which I don't own. The Beastie Boys is now blank. For as long as I've owned an iPod or iPhone I've had recurring problems with album art. I got exhausted from finding it myself on Amazon and manually putting it in.

Whatever you do, don't do the Advanced > Get Album Artwork in iTunes thing. It zips through every song you have and inserts whatever album cover it thinks is related to that song. Most of them are wrong.

Kind of amazing that Apple can't figure out a way to fix it. And, no, I'm not re-synching everything on my phone again in attempt to correct the problem. That doesn't work either and just creates more problems.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.