Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Files grayed out when "saving as"

Hello everybody,

I've moved from windows to mac recently and i'm doing my best to understand the way this OS works. There are some things that really do not make sense to me as a beginner.

Anyways my problem is that when i want to "save as" a file everything in the directory seems grayed out. Looks similar to how hidden files are on windows system. I can't even select the file, and i need to overwrite a lot. I've checked permission of the folder, files, of the directory tree, checked whether its locked, but no success to sort the issue out. The problem happens on every program, from adobe products to word and even some of the apps are gray and un-selectable (some seem to be fine). I'm not sure if this was from the beginning or i've messed up something accidentally. I've searched google for the past couple of hours with nothing to suggest a resolution to my problem.

Ive attached an image for your reference.

The only thing i can think of, that i've been messing with, was to enable (using the terminal) the option to have folders before files.

Kind Regards

A.

User uploaded file

MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 7, 2012 8:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2012 9:15 PM

restarted, everything seems fine... Anyway this post is useless...

1 reply

Files grayed out when "saving as"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.