Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS X Lion with Boot camp 3.3

When I was using Snow Leapard, I used Boot Camp 3.3 to install Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit on my iMac 27. At the end of last year, I upgraded to Lion. I have learnt that Lion comes with Boot Camp 4.0 and checked the Boot Camp in Windows that is still using v 3.3. Do I need to upgrade to v 4? And how if needed.

Mountain Lion is coming soon, probably this month. I will upgrade to it. Is it wise decision to upgrade the Boot Camp to a new version with ML? Thanks!

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jul 7, 2012 8:56 PM

3 replies

Jul 8, 2012 11:05 AM in response to dalstott

Ah, well, being paid to do the real beta testing and waiting so vendors can see the real final code! Those are the real "dot zero" adopters you speak of that know that everything at the last minute was changed and all their toil and hard work went to naught as they finally look - more than a few do rought outline and tests knowing though that they need to have bird in the hand to really test XYZ.

Users that plunge in of course can take one small extra step to protect them from their own folly and clone their system and setup a dual boot setup to run Lion and test ML.

I've been using Windows 8 now for over 9 months and I know some of what to expect, as do millions of others, and that the new RP really did make a lot of (serious) changes under the hood. I am shocked at what I thought was an abberition with 10.3, oh no, 10.4.0 also? and even 10.5.0 but wait, they learned and shipped 10.7.0 so it wouldn't brick a Boot Camp parition with Lion Recovery? No? really never tested for that scenerio or what would happen to Vista and XP owners ?

Yes, most user errors can be minimized and almost but not entirely avoided with some backup plans and strategy and of course cloning the system.

When I installed 8 it could even "undo" and revert back to what was there before if I wanted, in place.

I do these things just to know what is hype and what is window dressing and to get ideas. At work we use to keep a small mainframe just for testing a parallel production system if possible and to run multiple opeating systems under MVS.

What Parallels did for Snow Leopard was nice, but I would liike to see SL have run Lion in full hardware VT mode or totally sandboxed.

I dread the first two weeks of forum chatter when the oohs and ahhs and head scratching hit.

Mac OS X Lion with Boot camp 3.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.