Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to publish with my iOS Dev Account ?

Hi there,

I wrote an iBooks and I want to publish it on the iBooks store but i can't connect to iTunes Connect. It says " The iTunes Store account entered is already being used for an iTunes Connect account that distributes Apps. To continue with this application, you must enter a different iTunes account. "

May i create another account just for that ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1, Apple Corporation

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 7:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 9:45 AM

i had the same question and here is an answer supplied by KT for the same question in another thread -

the question was -

Can I use my iTunes Connect account associated with my iOS Developers license to publish to the iBookstore?

and KT answered -

No, sorry

Separate.

Log out from one...log in to the other and use Safari's 'Empty Cache' menu to help clear the cruft if you stumble.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2012 9:45 AM in response to Kusa

i had the same question and here is an answer supplied by KT for the same question in another thread -

the question was -

Can I use my iTunes Connect account associated with my iOS Developers license to publish to the iBookstore?

and KT answered -

No, sorry

Separate.

Log out from one...log in to the other and use Safari's 'Empty Cache' menu to help clear the cruft if you stumble.

Jul 9, 2012 11:00 AM in response to pulses

ok, so, i also have an iOS developer account- and i want to set up an account to publish iBooks - i enter my iTunes Store name and ID but apple says it is - already being used for an iTunes Connect account that distributes Apps. To continue with this application, you must enter a different iTunes account.

so, it's possible for me to create another iTunes Store Account with a different email address and name from the same computer??

Jul 9, 2012 11:23 AM in response to Kusa

yeah Apple makes some things really easy and others not so easy - anyway i still don't know about the different accounts - there's the iTunes Store account and the iTunes Connect Account and i am using the same name ID and password for them both - my iTunes connect account is for ios dev - now, when i try to sign in for iBooks account setup it says i need a different iTunes Store account - anyway, please let me know if you are successful in your attempt to sign up and let me know how - thanks

Jul 11, 2012 1:13 AM in response to pulses

For create your account, you need to create another AppleID, so i choose one who will be only for this activity. You have to enter your credit card like all the time ^^. After that you can start here :

https://itunesconnect.apple.com/WebObjects/iTunesConnect.woa/wa/bookSignup

I hope that Apple will fix this problem, having 2 account and manage them is not really good idea 'cause if you have some application on the App Store and some book on iBookStore you must switch beetween account for getting information :/

Cheers.

Jul 12, 2012 2:30 PM in response to Kusa

thanks Kusa

So, should i go to MY APPLE ID and just change my ID to a different email address???

Is that what you did? and if it is how did that effect your developer account??

I mean, are we suppose to go into MY APPLE ID and switch the ID back and forth every time we want to go from iBooks to iOS dev and vide versa???

Jul 12, 2012 2:40 PM in response to pulses

You have to create another account with the same information and log out when you've finish you're job and connect with your iOS account when you want to use your iOS profile.

I mean you have really TWO account, with the same name but it's really two different account. You have to enter your credit card (i use the same credit card for the two account) etc etc.

How to publish with my iOS Dev Account ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.