Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After hard drive change, my computer doesn't see Icloud.

I moved to Icloud couple weeks ago. I then backed up my computer and took it in for a new bigger hard drive. When I got the computer back, I transfered all my information. Everything seems to be there but Icloud settings. I have tried to add a new account without deleting the old one as I have read in some of troubleshooting. It doesn't work. As the e-mail address hasn't changed, the computer reminds me I already have an account with the same name, it doesn't let me continue. It looks like I can't edit an existing account. I have to get online to check my mail. What can I do?

iMac (20-inch Mid 2007), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 7:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 7:18 AM

Welcome to the Apple Community.

If you can't get your mail to work on Snow Leopard after June 30, you might want to try one of these approaches

1. Configuring Mail in Snow Leopard

2. Delete your mail account from Mail preferences and set it up again using the Mail Server Information.

Some users have apparently encountered issues using this information in pre-Lion set ups (I haven't), Roger Wilmut has kindly provided instructions for those who find themselves with this problem.

Entering iCloud email settings manually in Snow Leopard or Leopard

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2012 7:18 AM in response to AAsoner

Welcome to the Apple Community.

If you can't get your mail to work on Snow Leopard after June 30, you might want to try one of these approaches

1. Configuring Mail in Snow Leopard

2. Delete your mail account from Mail preferences and set it up again using the Mail Server Information.

Some users have apparently encountered issues using this information in pre-Lion set ups (I haven't), Roger Wilmut has kindly provided instructions for those who find themselves with this problem.

Entering iCloud email settings manually in Snow Leopard or Leopard

After hard drive change, my computer doesn't see Icloud.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.