Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Possible to setup MacBook as device like Ipod .... and sync to desktop computer?

Possible to setup new MacBook Air as device for itunes .... and sync to my desktop computer?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 9:58 AM

3 replies

Jul 8, 2012 6:17 PM in response to comanche8

Sort of, via Home Sharing. The analogue of "syncing" would be to connect to the Desktop library from the Air via the Home Share, then select "Items not in my library" in the "Show" menu, and then either select all and import, or select some of the items and import.

You'd have to transfer across playlist metadata by other means. Could walk you through that too, if you like.

Jul 9, 2012 6:40 PM in response to comanche8

and only want to move certain playlisted music to my Mac .... maybe 1k files

Can be done.

Start on the Air. Select the Desktop library. Click the wee disclosure triangle next to the name of the library on the desktop. You should see a "Playlist" entry below that. Click the wee disclosure triangle next to that. Select the playlist that you want to transfer content from. Select some or all of the songs, and click "Import".

Here's a screenshot showing that on my system:

User uploaded file

Possible to setup MacBook as device like Ipod .... and sync to desktop computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.