Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to join Linksys router guest network

I have the Cisco Linksys E1000 and have had a guest access setup on it ever since I bought the router about 2 years ago. Now randomly I can't get either the iPad 2 or 3 to connect with that guest access. I select the "guest" network from the list of networks in the iPad settings section, but when I open up Safari and go to a site it pulls up the window: "Cannot Open Page: Safari cannot open the page because it could not connect to the server." I should pull up the Cisco Connect screen where you type in the guest access password, at least that is the way the system is designed and that is how it has worked for me in the past. It works on my other Mac laptop and desktop products, just not the iPads or iPhones.

iPad, iOS 5

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 2:05 PM

2 replies

Jul 8, 2012 2:19 PM in response to ujayank

Make sure it's either not password protected (not recommended) or verify you have the correct password. Once you have that verified, go to Settings, wifi, and select your router. If it is a password protected network, you should be prompted to enter the password/phrase. Once the password is entered, it should obtain the ip address automatically. Hope this helps.

Unable to join Linksys router guest network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.