Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Logging Out of Facebook

I've read others having this problem, but never a fix.

Almost everytime I go to it, I'm not logged in. I'll be in the middle of typing a message, and then BAM! I'm logged out.

What can I do?!

Mark

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), 13-inch 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 4:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 4:48 PM

Log out from Facebook. You can do this by clicking the downward facing arrow to the right of Home top right side of the Facebook window.

From your Safari menu bar top of your screen click Safari > Empty Cache

Now back to the menu bar again, click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab then click Details.

Type facebook in the search field then click Remove All > Done

Quit then relaunch Safari and go to Facebook.

You should see this:

User uploaded file

Enter your username and password and make sure to select: Keep me logged in then click Log In.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2012 4:48 PM in response to markfromflorence

Log out from Facebook. You can do this by clicking the downward facing arrow to the right of Home top right side of the Facebook window.

From your Safari menu bar top of your screen click Safari > Empty Cache

Now back to the menu bar again, click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab then click Details.

Type facebook in the search field then click Remove All > Done

Quit then relaunch Safari and go to Facebook.

You should see this:

User uploaded file

Enter your username and password and make sure to select: Keep me logged in then click Log In.

Jul 11, 2012 2:43 PM in response to markfromflorence

Try this...

From your Safari menu bar top of your screen click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab.

Click: Remove All Website Data

Quit then relaunch Safari to test.

If you still encounter problems on Facebook, try using a different browser such as Google Chromeor Mozilla Firefox

Always good to have a backup browser installed regardless in case you can't use Safari.

Safari Logging Out of Facebook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.