Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Immediate Blue screen and crash/restart for XP - help!

Hello peoples,

I have run into a bit of an issue and would love some help to get this sorted. I have a 2010 mac mini with XP installed (since day 1) through bootcamp. I use it about once every couple of months for windows exclusive programs needed for my work. Never had any issues however whenever I try to boot up XP i get past the windows OS loading screen and then a blue screen flashes very quickly (about .5 seconds) and then the system hard restarts. It does not appear to be a BSOD but I cant be certain. I havent changed any settings or done anything different that I can recall the last time I booted up XP.

Wierd thing too is it still shows my windows partition on the harddrive with all the usual files and folders etc, however when I go into System Preferences -> Startup Disk I dont see the option to manually start up in Windows (See attached photos)

Any ideas on why I am having trouble getting in? Or any ideas on how to solve this? Any help would be great!

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Mac mini, Windows XP

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 6:15 PM

There are no replies.

Immediate Blue screen and crash/restart for XP - help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.