Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Ipad 3 - What do you recommend in terms of covers and cleaning?

I have a new Ipad - 24 hours old, finger prints everywhere - do I need a screen protector - worried that will detract from beautiful pictures. What about a cover or case. I was thinking I need some kind of sleeve since it will be shoved in my bag and I worry about ports getting filled with crumbs and dust. What do you think/recommend?

iPad

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 7:21 AM

5 replies

Jul 9, 2012 7:25 AM in response to Ineophyte

A lady at my work has a sleeve. Some Vera Bradley one. She loves it. I am a college student and I love the smart case with cover. Works perfect. I would recommend buying a microfiber cloth at best buy or something for the screen. I have one to clean the screen and it removes dirt/smudges perfectly. Cheap too, like 4$. The screen is coated (with something special) to protect it, so cleaners just does more harm than good. As far as the back goes, I just use a papertowel(slightly damp) to clean it. Less is more right on the Ipad itself.

Jul 9, 2012 8:13 AM in response to Ineophyte

My mom had one on hers...Yeah they protect it, but in my mind why? You bought it to enjoy the screen. I always tell her how can you enjoy the screen with that dinky thing on it. It does fade it a little(clear protectant). Just take care of it. Simple. The cloth thing I was talking about is the best. I use it on my phone too. It removes smudges, oil, dirt, and everything else perfect. Just make sure its a microfiber cloth.

New Ipad 3 - What do you recommend in terms of covers and cleaning?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.