Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error 50 imovie

I made a 9 and a halfminute long video and tried to export it, but everytime, a message pops up saying "The project could not be prepared for publishing because an error occurred. (-50)". How can I fix this? It's a hassle. I work on Imovie 09.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 8:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 1:45 PM

I forgot to add, I can export any other videos except for the one mentioned above. Why is that? I tried exporting a 10 minute video and a 2 minute video and it worked. The one mentioned above, however gets the error "-50".

I did get it to export once after clearing the imovie cache, but it was incomplete in itunes.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2012 1:45 PM in response to prounddworldp5

I forgot to add, I can export any other videos except for the one mentioned above. Why is that? I tried exporting a 10 minute video and a 2 minute video and it worked. The one mentioned above, however gets the error "-50".

I did get it to export once after clearing the imovie cache, but it was incomplete in itunes.

error 50 imovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.