Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Your session has timed out"

While putting in card information, kept getting message "Your session has timed out"

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 8:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 3:38 AM

I had the same issue. Fixed it by going to settings / icloud / payment info and updating there.

14 replies

Sep 25, 2012 9:24 PM in response to cmbarton2

Your fix above didn't work for me because I use a different Apple ID for iCloud then I do for iTunes. However, I was able to fix it by going into Settings / iTunes & App Stores / and then clicking on my Apple ID and picking View Apple ID. Then I filled in the payment information there and went back to the App Store and was able to complete my purchase. Hope that helps.

Sep 26, 2012 2:51 PM in response to gazideir

I hit this same roadblock today with my iPhone 5 (except I never got the 3 security question bit - this may help you anyway). Strangely, it was working last night. Very frustrating. I can't imagine how much trouble people who are relatively unskilled with these things are having. Most of them probably don't even know about these forums.

Here's what worked for me:

Go to the Settings app

Select "iTunes and App Stores"

Select your Apple ID at the top (doesn't even look like a button)

In the popup that opens, select "Sign Out"

In the window that then opens, enter your Apple ID and password again, and click "Sign In"

Then go to the App Store, or wherever you were having trouble, and it should work

Let me know if this helps. It did for me. Everything else I tried failed because it kept telling my session timed out, even if all I was doing was confirming my credit card info. Or trying to download a free app.

"Your session has timed out"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.