Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installing Find My iPhone on a Mac

I have downloaded Find My iPhone and installed it on my iPhone and iPad and it works perfectly, locating these devices and my iMac. How do I set it up on my Mac to locate the phone and ipad?

I can find it in Itunes apps but can't get it to install.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 8:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 12:24 PM

Welcome to the Apple Community.

There is no 'find my phone' application for the Mac, instead you can log into your account at iCloud.com and use the feature there.
7 replies

Sep 24, 2013 7:18 PM in response to anafurn

I totally agree with OP. Find My iPhone should be in the System Preferences>iCloud pane with the Find My Mac button. Also, one gets the instruction to click on Find My Mac therein to get info re the iphone; however, when I click on it, nothing happens. The Mac and other Apple devices are displayed in the iPhone 'My Devices, ', however...Why create confusion? Not user friendly!

Last, when I entered my password (correctly) to access iCloud in my iphone 5 (ios7) it didn't respond when I clicked 'sign in;' instead, my password simply gets deleted again and again. It worked only after I turned off then on my phone.

Installing Find My iPhone on a Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.