2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2012 7:35 PM by eightff
John J Corcoran Level 2 (205 points)

I have placed aliases of several projects in the dock.  When I click on one of them, FCP X opens displaying the last project I worked on and a small message screen  saying that it is "Loading" the project I clicked on in the dock.  It shows a barber pole line supposedly showing progress.

However, the project never opens and I have to do a Control/Option/Escape to get FXP X to quit.  The message box that comes up says FCP X is "not responding."  Are Project aliases a problem in FCP X?  This happens every time I click on an alias, unless it also happens to be the last project I was working on.

Any suggestions other than don't use aliases?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4), 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
  • Luis Sequeira1 Level 6 (9,055 points)

FCP X is different from most applications, in that it does not "open" files in the usual sense (e.g. there is no File->Open, or Cmd-O). If you look at the File menu, there is no such command. You can't, for example, open a project from within FCP X located somewhere in your file system.

This is by design. FCP X is a database driven application, not a file driven application. You "open" a project by selecting it from the project library.

• eightff Level 1 (0 points)

Hey guys, i've a similar problem and im getting pretty paranoid as i've a deadline. I have about four projects out of which one of them doesnt load up as soon as i start up the program, and the last one happens to be the one im currently working on.. i keep getting the spinning wheel then eventually end up force quitting. plz help.