Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Giving my itouch to my son...how do I erase old and load new songs?

Thanks for taking a look at my post! I have an 8G 2nd generation ipod touch that I would like to give my son for his upcoming birthday. He loves music, is always wanting to use mine, and...because he's only turning 7, I'm reluctant to spend a ton of money on a new one, as it's likely to break within a few months of his owning it (if we're lucky). What I'd like to do is wipe out everything that's on it and load 20 (or so) of his favorite songs before I give it to him. How can I do this? I have my own iTunes account on my laptop. My wife has hers on hers. We don't have another computer to load another iTunes account on....so what should we do? Thanks very much, in advance, for any input you might have for me! 🙂

iPod touch, Windows XP

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 11:50 AM

3 replies

Jul 9, 2012 1:39 PM in response to Phleyephisher

You can restore the iPod

iOS: How to back up your data and set up as a new device

As for the songs you would like to add to it, you'll have to let him sync with either your iTunes library or your wife's. Or you could also create an entirely new user account and iTunes library for him on your PC and set up his iPod with that new account.

You'll have to download the songs with your Apple ID and then authorize the library with your Apple ID to allow the songs to sync to the iPod Touch.

B-rock

Giving my itouch to my son...how do I erase old and load new songs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.