Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

One (and only one) calendar on iphone will not sync with iCal

So here's the skinny:

A calendar originally created in iCal, and synced with an iPhone, will not sync events created on the iPhone. Events created in iCal sync fine, but not the other way around. Via iTunes syncing or iCloud.

Additionally, that calendar has now disappeared from iCal.

Can't afford to lose this calendar from the iPhone (it's the family's primary calendar with hundreds of events), so I'm now afraid to sync in fear that the calendar being gone on the computer will be seen by the sync process as a green light for wiping it off the phone.

Suggestions?

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 1:57 PM

5 replies

Jul 10, 2012 3:28 AM in response to 100 Watt Walrus

In the case when you're using only iTunes syncing :

You can check ~/Library/Calendars/ to count the '.calendar' folders (you can go to ~/Library, using Alt-selecting 'Library' in the Go menu of Finder).

Your count of your '.calendar' folders should correpond to your iCal's calendars ... and in your case, you should have one more '.calendar' folder.

To rebuild the ical's cache, just trash the file named 'Calendar Cache', log out, log in to iCal.

You should retrieve your "hidden" calendar from your Mac.

Aug 20, 2012 1:12 PM in response to 100 Watt Walrus

Well, I tried this a couple weeks ago, and while it didn't quite work, I managed through techinques garnered from various sources to get that one calendar to start syncing again...and now another one's stopped syncing.

I think I'm just going to have to find the time to take both devices to the Genius Bar and have those guys figure it out. I've spent way too much time on this as it is.

Aug 21, 2012 3:32 PM in response to 100 Watt Walrus

You can export an archive of your calendars in iCal desktop version for preventing any loss : i just very easy to regain everything back as it was and it's more simple than looking by the Calendars folder.

To prevent the loss of your iOS calendar, i suggest you repair iCal.

Once your calendars backed-up, you could delete the iCal's cache (~/Library/Cache/com.apple.iCal).

Quit iCal, trash the folder, empty trash, relaunch iCal fingers crossed (it did worked once or more for me).

If it doesn't work, you can reindex your calendar using Spotlight prefs panel : avoid Spotlight to look in your Calendars folders, wait 30 sec, allow Spotlight to search into this folder by removing it from the list.

Then, wait that mdworker32 stops to run in the ActivityMonitor and finally relaunch iCal to see some changes.

This two actions are harmless for your datas and it may repair some bug(s) in iCal or Spotlight. I wish you luck.

P.S.: if it's repaired, don't forget to export an archive for your calendars 😉

One (and only one) calendar on iphone will not sync with iCal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.