Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm sick of my macbook connecting to my neighbour's BTFON network

I'm sick of my macbook connecting to my neighbour's BTFON network EVERY TIME I START MY MAC even though I have my own network set up and "remembered".

Can i tell my mac to ignore their INFURIATING network?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2008), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 1:57 PM

6 replies

Jul 9, 2012 2:06 PM in response to Purple Owl

I'm guessing BTFON is some sort of bluetooth network?? And your prefered method is something else, say wifi or ethernet? Open your Network preference window in System Preferences, and from the left column remove (by selecting and hitting the minus button) any methods except your favorite. Then Apply the changes. Does that help?

Jul 9, 2012 2:30 PM in response to mr da

BTFon is a rather curious wi-fi sharing arrangement whereby the BT customer is given a FON router and shares his/her connection with all and sundry nearby.

The incentive being that, when on the road the BTFON customer is afforded the same access to other users' BTFON hotspot.

Can't help with the original question I'm afraid - just thought you aught to know what is at least!

I'm sick of my macbook connecting to my neighbour's BTFON network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.