Previous 1 2 Next 26 Replies Latest reply: Oct 26, 2015 9:23 PM by Ishaan.3108 Go to original post
  • teb_chris Level 1 (0 points)

    Man you saved my day, lots of time and $$$. I thought my Iphone5 was dead even though I knew it was 45% charged. Tried #5 and it came back alive with Apple Logo and showing 90% charged (as it was plugged to the charger). Thanks a million

  • faizanza Level 1 (0 points)

    i have the same problem with iphone 4 but nothing works help!

  • ManSinha Level 4 (2,346 points)

    What steps have you tried?


  • b0nb0n123 Level 1 (0 points)

    To whatheck: Thanks heaps for posting up troubleshooting strategies! No. 5 worked for me!

  • Sutty7777 Level 1 (0 points)

    thank you this sorted out the problem had to hold down the home button and the power button while plugging into the usb to get it to work lifesaver

  • hetzelri Level 1 (0 points)

    I have the same problem as the one listed above.  I tried every solution on this thread.  Still not charging or turning on.  Any suggestions?

  • jonnybear12 Level 1 (0 points)

    Its not working i tried to restore it and it wont show up on itunes

  • Hite13 Level 1 (0 points)

    You ROCK! Thanks!

  • afouquet Level 1 (0 points)

    Manoj - tried all the other options.  Nothing...


    Then tried yours and my dead phone sprang to life !


    Many thanks!


  • Mr.julz Level 1 (0 points)

    Ok, this is too late to help, but I thought I'd answer anyway in case someone else finds this post whilst searching for the problem. Here's how to fix it:

    Lithium batteries have protection against over-discharging, they do this by breaking the circuit if the voltage drops too low to prevent further drain. Unfortunately, once this has triggered, you can no longer put charge back into the battery because the battery is disconnected internally, so no matter how long you leave the phone on charge, it remains disconnected and flat.

    You only need to get the voltage in the battery to raise a percent or two to reconnect the protection circuit so that it will charge again and you can do that by warming up the battery. You may get away with leaving the phone overnight in a very warm (hot) place, such as on top of a hot water tank, however a more efficient way is to remove the battery and heat it up until it's quite hot with a hairdryer on its hottest setting. Heat it for a good 5-10 mins so that the hear soaks right through the battery and it feels hot to the touch, this will raise the internal voltage enough to reconnect the protection circuit. Immediately reconnect the battery into the phone and put it on charge. After about 10-20 mins, enough charge should get back into the battery to fire up the phone and it'll come back to life.

    I've done this a few times now on various different models and it always works. Hope it helps yo

  • caddybrit Level 1 (0 points)

    Thank you just found this post and what you suggested worked great #5 a million thanks.

  • Ishaan.3108 Level 1 (0 points)

    Step 5 worked like a charm. Bless you!

Previous 1 2 Next