Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple Thunderbolt Devices

I am planning on getting a Mac Mini to replace my G5 tower. I have dual displays which I'll connect to the HDMI and Thunderbolt ports. I also want to connect external storage to the Thunderbolt port. Is it possible to connect a display and storage to the Thunderbolt port? If it is possible then how is it done?

Thanks,

-= Ken =-

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 5:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 8:29 PM

Ken Schneider1 wrote:

Is it possible to connect a display and storage to the Thunderbolt port? If it is possible then how is it done?

Does > What you need to know about Thunderbolt | Macworld answer your questions?

Can I connect multiple devices to a single Thunderbolt port?

You can connect up to six devices to each Thunderbolt port by daisy-chaining them—connecting the first to the Thunderbolt port, connecting the second to the first, and so on. Of course, this requires that each device in the chain have two Thunderbolt ports (or two other types of data ports along with Thunderbolt adapters)—one to connect to the device in front of it and one to provide a connection for the device after it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2012 8:29 PM in response to Ken Schneider1

Ken Schneider1 wrote:

Is it possible to connect a display and storage to the Thunderbolt port? If it is possible then how is it done?

Does > What you need to know about Thunderbolt | Macworld answer your questions?

Can I connect multiple devices to a single Thunderbolt port?

You can connect up to six devices to each Thunderbolt port by daisy-chaining them—connecting the first to the Thunderbolt port, connecting the second to the first, and so on. Of course, this requires that each device in the chain have two Thunderbolt ports (or two other types of data ports along with Thunderbolt adapters)—one to connect to the device in front of it and one to provide a connection for the device after it.

Multiple Thunderbolt Devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.