The instructions are in this kb article.
The key to this is that you MUST try download a free app first and then create the account from the resulting window that pops up asking if you already have an iTunes account.
Once you have created an account, there is no way to select "None" as the option. By that time, you have to enter a credit card, have it verified by Apple, then subsequently remove it.
If you already set up an Apple ID - and you don't care if you have two ID's - sign out of the ID that you created in Settings>Store>Apple ID. Then try to download a free app and see if the process will work for you and let you create an account without the credit card.
How to Get Apps From the App Store Without a Credit Card
Creating an iTunes Store, App Store, iBookstore, and Mac App Store account without a credit card
It did answer your question. Did you click on the link Demo provided that provides the directions you need to creat a credit card free account?
Here is another link: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2534
I know that you don't have a credit card. Did you read what I posted? What do you not understand?
If you want to create an Apple ID without using a credit card - you must download a free app first.
If you already created an Apple ID - there is no way to use that ID without entering a credit card now. It just will not work. You must start by trying to download a free app first. Then you will be prompted to create an Apple ID. Then you can create that ID without a credit card.
Did you read the link that I referenced? You did not read the reply correctly.
You can create a iTune and App Store account without credit card details
1. Go to App Store and select a free app
2. Tap INSTALL APP
3. Create New Apple ID
4. Confirm Your Country
5. Agree with Terms and Conditions
6. Fill in your Apple ID and Password (must be a valid email address)
7. Create and answer your secret question
8. Select NONE for Payment Method
9. Fill in Billing Address
10. Submit application for new Apple ID
11. Wait for verification email
12. When email arrive, verify your account
13. Start downloading your free apps
Step 1 to 8 with pictures attached:
1. Select any free app
2. Tap install App
3. Just tap Create New Apple ID
4. Confirm your country; fill in your country's name
5. Agree with Term and Condition
6. Fill in your Apple ID and Password
7. Create and answer secret question
8. Select NONE for billing information
One way around this that I've found is to create the Apple ID at https://appleid.apple.com, then set up the Ipad and skip the initial step where you sign in with the existing Apple ID. Go into Settings, then General and SETUP ICLOUD with the AppleID. Then go further down in settings and setup the store by logging in with the existing account. If you try to log in to the App Store first, it will always ask for a credit card, but for some reason once you have iCloud setup the "none" option becomes available. I just set up 17 iPads for the organization I work for, each with their own ID, and I figured this out through trial and error when I noticed some of them required me to enter a CC (and then go back later and remove) and some already had "none" as an option.
I am looking to set up iPads for our public library. Is it possible to set up the iTunes account without a credit card first, and then purchase iTunes cards and enter them in rewards to be able to purchase apps.
Theses iPads would be managed by staff, but I don't want to ask them to input their personal credit card info, but we would need to purchase apps. iTunes cards would be ideal, if we could use them without having to first imput credit card info.
Any information would be helpful.
If you follow the steps above you should be able to set up accounts with no credit card:
1) setup the apple ID at https://appleid.apple.com for iTunes
2) configure the iPad but skip the Apple ID sign-in
3) go into settings and Setup iCloud FIRST with the apple ID
4) go into store and enter the apple ID and ou should have the billing option for "none"
This is the craziest thing I've ever seen from some of the smartest people in the world.
* So let's say you have 4 boys, which I do.
* You just want them to have their own apple id so they don't use your credit card and take you to the cleaners (Which they certainly wouldn't do but hey, why chance it)
* You have to jump through some weird hoops if you have already created apple id's for them
* I was told you could put in a Visa, then take it out afterwards
The whole thing stinks. Apple is going to get sued. What a scam from such a great company. I have:
1 Ipod touch
1 Mac Book Pro
And I need to put in MY birthdate in THEIR apple id's too so they can have their own account without a credit card number.
What a bunch of bozos. Somebody's getting fired here pretty quick over at Apple that's for sure.
I feel for you and your staff. Hey, at least they are creating opportunities in the marketplace!
Get some Android Tablets, they have no problems setting up.