Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to convert dvdproj to mp4

How do you to convert a dvd made in idvd in dvdproj format to to mp4?

iPhoto '11, iOS 5.1

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 5:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 8:27 PM

Double click -->IDVD opens.

tight cluck -->open with--> iDVD or Terminal.app

Neither help

4 replies

Aug 17, 2015 9:22 AM in response to dsimagry

If like me you find an old .dvdproj file and want the video without downloading and installing iDVD again there is another way.

Right click on the file and select 'Show Package Contents'.

Then navigate to the video folder which is: Contents ... Resources ... MPEG.

You will find the video and audio files in there and need to use one of the above convertors to change the format.

Aug 17, 2015 2:16 PM in response to Master-D

Then navigate to the video folder which is: Contents ... Resources ... MPEG.

There will be no files in that folder unless the Best Performance encoding has been selected and any movie files in the project have been encoded in the background:

User uploaded file

And the files based on the movie file will not include the audio track.

If the OP has iDVD installed, the project is his then he can open the project, see where the movie files used in it are located on the hard drive and get the original file that way. No need to convert or rip.

Bottom line: if the project file is not his then without the iDVD application the .idvdproj file is useless.

User uploaded file

Aug 18, 2015 4:03 AM in response to Old Toad

I did this yesterday, and don't have iDVD anymore, I'm not even sure if you can get it now. I just had the .dvdproj file. The video was in the MPEG folder within the package and the audio was in the Audio folder there too. Will have to put them back together with an editing app but at least I have the video now, so if you do just have the file and not any associated folders, it may be possible to recover what you need using the method I described, it worked for me. So bottom line is, if you only have the .dvdproj, and happened to use the settings Old Toad mentioned which I guess I must have, then you can recover a potentially nostalgic home video, which could be priceless.

How to convert dvdproj to mp4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.