Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does the order in my iphoto album not appear in the same order as iphoto on my ipad 3

Newbie to the forum. Love Apple products, but this iPhoto app is driving me crazy! Why does the order in my iphoto album in my Macbook not appear the same in iphoto on my ipad 3 after I use itunes to sync the album?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 6:11 PM

4 replies

Jul 9, 2012 7:26 PM in response to MarkRN

I do not believe that is it. I had 2 groups of photos, the ones I took and the ones my friend took In myiphoto on my Macbook, I took the 2 groups and put them together so that the pictures would flow nicely. But on the iPad iPhoto it displays them as the 2 groups. It shows my pics first from Fri night to Mon morn, and then my friends pics from Fri night to Mon morn. I wish the iPad would put the pics in date order of what was taken, then the pics would flow nicely ... as I did in my album on my Macbook.

Nov 11, 2012 7:40 AM in response to MarkRN

My comment would be that ever since iPhoto has been released, the mannar in which photos are organized and presented has never been consistant and with each major update it seems to change. There's more control in the desktop app but as for iOS devices, it's been frustrating since day one. iPhoto for iOS and Photos act in different ways. I can't imagine why when I open Photos on my iPhone I would want to start with photos I have dated from the 1930's.

My work around has been to create smart folders for photos taken in the Last 2 Weeks and Last Month so I can at least quickly access a handful of pictures without scrolling through my 6,000+ photos to get to the one I took a couple days ago.

Why does the order in my iphoto album not appear in the same order as iphoto on my ipad 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.