Under Numbers there is a template under Business that is labled Employee Schedule.
1. Overall the schedule is pretty good but the time for clocking in an employee only goes to 11. We are a restaurant/brewery we need clock in times as late at 9 PM and clock outs as late as 3 AM. Need that expanded.
2. I would like that spreadsheet to flood another spreadsheet immediately below the schedule that takes total gross salaries for each day. Start with Sunday thru Saturday. So whichever employee works on Sun gets added to the Sunday total. It would look like this, first column has the days of the week ie sun, mon, tues etc next column shows the expected total salaries for the day from the Employee Schedule.
3. Next column would have projected sales. This number would be filled in by the supervisor and he would guess sales volume for the day.
4. The next column would be the result of dividing total gross salaries for each day by the sales projection made by the supervisor. Top of the column would read salaries/sales.
5. There would also be a total for the week with salaries/sales as some days like Monday we will be over budget and on busy days like Friday, we would be under budget. As long as my supervisors balance to 20% I will be ok, at least for now:)
This Tool would help the supervisor to be able to set up and change sheduled hours either up or down to meet our goal of salaries not to exceed 20% of projected sales.
I can tell this is probably simple for someone that knows this stuff, but for me, hours of time and then never getting it right would be what would happen.
Thanks so much for your suggestion and I hope you or someone takes this on.
Even as I write it,
That's a pretty good overall description. It would help to know many employees will you have on that schedule.
I'd be willing to take a crack at improving the original template, for starters. I'd like to see how that goes before working on the additional calculations. Besides the starting and quitting times, are there any other changes you'd like in that table?
Sorry for the slow response, I had a stomache flu today and it really knocked me out.
Number of employees? 12
Other changes? I can't think of anything. I do need the employee copy. If you have some ideas, I am interested in hearing. Sometimes an employee has 2 shifts in one day, but I will just run to columns for on employee.
HH:MM is the best, these are cooks and servers, I am not sure how good they are at military time.
Thanks again Jerry!
I have reworked the Employee Schedule to make the Pop-Up choices half hour intervals around the clock, and I have reworked the hours calculations to clean them up. I'd like you to try to break the document and if it passes your test we can take the next step. I will post my changes here after you confirm that they work as you like.
Please email me and I will send the document to you by return email.