Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing iPod Password!

I got my iPod Classic in Grade 8. Since I was young and my Dad didn't want me to go deaf he put a lock so the volume.

unfortunately he didn't make it one of his usual go to passwords so now the volume won't go all the way up

which was fine but now it only works from one headphone unless i hold it in the right position

I want to change the password without loosing all my music since I have a new iPod but want this one for some of the awesome

music I have acquired over the last 10 years!

If anyone can help that would be awesome.

Also, I have been manually syncing my music all this time so there isn't an itunes that goes with it.

I've taken music from a lot of computers so it is a very random selection of songs.

and i have gone through a couple computers in this time.

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on Jul 10, 2012 10:43 AM

1 reply

Jul 11, 2012 6:33 AM in response to aejd

There is no way to reset volume limit code without restoring the device in iTunes. So you'll want to move this content from your iPod over to an iTunes library first.

It sounds like your iPod's headphone jack is damaged and in need of replacement as well. See this older post from another forum member Zevoneer covering the different methods and software available to assist you with the task of copying content from your iPod back to your PC and into iTunes.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2452022?start=0&tstart=0

B-rock

Changing iPod Password!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.