Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Think I've lost a one time backup...

Think I've messed up a backup here. I backed up a folder I hadn't previouly been backing up on 7 June, but forgot to set the folder to back up automatically.

So today I needed to grab the original version, but think I've lost it because it was more than a month old, the point at which TC switches to weekly backups.

So my back ups go back in hourly increments for today, then daily increments back to 11 June, then weekly with the first one 5 June.

Does this mean I've lost the back up of that folder made on 7 June, or should I still be able to recover it somehow?

Posted on Jul 10, 2012 11:32 AM

6 replies

Jul 10, 2012 1:33 PM in response to Bob Timmons

OK, thanks Bob. In case it was ambiguous before, 7 June was the only day this was backed up, and I didn't have a copy on my HD. So the only copy was the 7 June backup. Should that still have been consolidated somewhere before the 7 June backup was removed?

I think my only hope now is that it reappears when the next weekly consolidation backup is created, as the 5 June one pree-dates the 7 June backup.

Think I've lost a one time backup...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.