Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not seeing last 12 months of pics after photo library upgrade

Opened iPhoto this morning and got the following pop up window message: "The photo library needs to be upgraded to work with this version of iPhoto." I checked my version of iPhoto '11 (version 9.2.3 Build 629.52) and found that it is up to date. I also searched around on some community threads about this error, and it didn't seem to be a problem to upgrade the library.

As soon as I selected the option to upgrade the library, iPhoto started. Since that time, I have not been able to see any pictures from the past 12 months. It has been a couple of hours since starting the upgrade, and I'm not sure if that has been enough time for the library rebuild to finish. My iPhoto Library file is about 73 GB and use the Intego backup software that came with my iMac

Is there anything I can do to make sure the library is actually being upgraded?

What should I do if this does not complete by tomorrow?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 10, 2012 12:00 PM

2 replies

Jul 23, 2012 4:11 PM in response to kmarusic1

I had a similar problem under Lion with iPhoto '11 version 9.3.1 (Build 652.3). In my case I couldn't see the Last 12 Months of photos after I synced the iPhoto Library to my iPhone. I decided not to leave it that way and so I unchecked they iPhoto Sync option in iTunes for my iPhone and removed the synced items from my phone when prompted. Then when I looked at "Last 12 Months" in iPhoto (on my iMac) it showed stuff more than a year old and not the most current photos in my library. Strange... Not sure what happened but the way I fixed it was to go to iPhoto Preferences, and under General tab, Sources, I changed "Show last" checked item from 12 months to 10 months, and that seemed to fix it (it correctly showed the last 10 months of photos). Then I changed it back again to 12 months and it showed that correctly too. So, somehow something got messed up but changing the number of months it should show seemed to reset it and fix it. Not sure if this will help you in 10.6.8 with the slightly older iPhoto '11 but it might...

Jul 23, 2012 5:26 PM in response to kmarusic1

Force quit out of iPhoto and do the following: make a temporary, backup copy (select the library and type Command+D) and apply the two fixes below in order as needed:

Fix #1

Launch iPhoto with the Command+Option keys held down and rebuild the library.

User uploaded file

Select the options identified in the screenshot.

Fix #2

Using iPhoto Library Manager to Rebuild Your iPhoto Library

• Download iPhoto Library Manager and launch.
  • Click on the Add Library button, navigate to your Home/Pictures folder and select your iPhoto Library folder.
  • Now that the library is listed in the left hand pane of iPLM, click on your library and go to the File ➙ Rebuild Library menu option
  • In the next window name the new library and select the location you want it to be placed.
  • Click on the Create button.

• Note: This creates a new library based on the LIbraryData.xml file in the library and will recover Events, Albums, keywords, titles and comments but not books, calendars or slideshows. The original library will be left untouched for further attempts at fixing the problem or in case the rebuilt library is not satisfactory.

OT

Not seeing last 12 months of pics after photo library upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
    A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.