Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes gift card maze

Hello everyone,

I purchased an iTunes gift card for my son here in Mexico D.F. His account is from France, he was able to get inside the iTunes store in Mexico with his French login. He has 8 pesos left on the account & he cannot get back to the French iTunes store until he spends the 8 pesos… The problem is that there’s nothing worth 8 pesos, so I have to buy him another gift card until he spends the entire money left in the account. The minimum for the cards is 200 pesos so he would have to look for an app that costs exactly 208 pesos… which he hasn’t been able to find either.

How can he get out of this maze? If he went inside the Mexican store with a new account his iPad would not recognize the applications bought with the other account once he went back to the French iTunes store

iPad, iOS 5.1.1, iTunes gift Card

Posted on Jul 10, 2012 1:15 PM

1 reply

Jul 10, 2012 1:18 PM in response to Restrepo

You can contact iTunes and ask for them to keep the 8 pesos.

He really should not be using the Mexican Store with a French account. The iTunes Store in a country is intended only for use by that country's residents while they are in the country. To use the iTunes Store in a country you need a credit card (or other card type if acceptable in a country) issued in that country, billed to an address in that country, and also be physically present in that country when using the store. You are also restricted to waiting 90 days between country changes.

E.g., "The iTunes Service is available to you only in the United States, its territories, and possessions. You agree not to use or attempt to use the iTunes Service from outside these locations. Apple may use technologies to verify your compliance. - http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/us/terms.html#SERVICE"

iTunes gift card maze

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.