Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto keeps trying to connect to the server "idisk.mac.com".

I know that mobile me is over, and I've moved off of it completely and signed out, but I'm not sure that this is even the problem. The real issue that I'm having is that whenever I try to do something in iphoto, like import new pictures, I get an error message saying: "There was an error connecting to the server "idisk.mac.com". Check the server name or IP address, and then try again. If you are unable to resolve the problem contact your system administrator."

Why is this happening? More importantly, how can I get it to stop?

iPhoto '08, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 10, 2012 4:05 PM

2 replies

Jul 11, 2012 12:45 AM in response to dnelson2222

It sounds like a residual effect of formerly using it as part of Mobile.me

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4291 Look at the fourth instance for your case.

Try stopping it in iPhoto preferences > Sharing and deselect Share my Photos. That may stop it from connecting to the iDisk server.

Not having used this service, I'm not sure how effective is the advice I have given, but it won't hurt anything to try it.

Message was edited by: roam

Aug 14, 2012 1:50 AM in response to dnelson2222

I had the same thing happening. When I looked at my iPhoto preferences, under accounts, my email account was still listed as a MobileMe account. I am using the same email address, so it didn't occur to me to change it. I deleted that email account by highlighting it, and clicking the minus key, then hit the plus key, and established the same address/password as an iCloud account. It doesn't look for MobileMe anymore.

iphoto keeps trying to connect to the server "idisk.mac.com".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.