Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

For some reason my iPhoto stopped recognizing my iPhone therefore i can't see my camera roll on my mac, any advice? I've tried restarting the computer, the phone, and no matter how many times i plug and unplug the phone, it still doesn't show on iPhoto.

For some reason my iPhoto stopped recognizing my iPhone therefore i can't see my camera roll on my mac, any advice? I've tried restarting the computer, the phone, and no matter how many times i plug and unplug the phone, it still doesn't show on iPhoto.

Posted on Jul 10, 2012 3:57 PM

2 replies

Jul 10, 2012 4:09 PM in response to nainers96

I have this problem sometimes too, so I just stopped using iPhoto to import pictures. Try going to the iPhoto preferences and under devices change it to automatically open the image capture utility when you plug in the phone. Then you can have image capture save the photos to, say, a folder on your desktop, and then later import them to iPhoto. Alternately, you could try deleting iPhoto and then re-installing it from the Mac App Store (assuming you have OSX Lion). Before you do this, however, navigate to the pictures folder on your Mac and find the iPhoto library file, and I would suggest backing it up in another location such as your desktop.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.