Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

False Positive

Hi,

I have the problem that some emails do not reach me. I have tried this with the sender and able to confirm that the emails are not delivered by iCloud. So, I assume they are recognized as fals positive SPAM. I would love to contact apple about this issue and ask them to set the sender's address to the white list of my email account but I am unable to contact apple without paying insanely high fees...

Does anyone have an idea what I could do...

BSchwabe

iCloud-OTHER, iCloud Mail

Posted on Jul 10, 2012 5:54 PM

3 replies

Oct 19, 2014 5:53 AM in response to BSchwabe

The legitimate emails sent from non Apple email domains, do not reach @icloud.com, @me.com, @apple.com, @mac.com recipients.

They are completely dropped by Apple, they do not go to “junk” etc, but simple deleted by Apple service without any notification to email senders or recipients

Investigation:
We went for investigation to find out how the famous Aplle/iCloud mail services and spam filtering works for others.

For that:
a) I have registered iCloud mail account for testing purposes - myemail@icloud.com
b) I have registered 2 email accounts for testing purposes at the largest free email provider in Russia – Yandex.ru
- abcd1@yandex.ru
- abcd2@yandex.ru
c) Testing messages are send using the same Windows OS PC (dedicated IP, not blacklisted), with Windows Live mail client, with the same message encoding, subject line and message body from those 2 Yandex.ru addresses - abcd1@yandex.ru & abcd2@yandex.ru to myemail@icloud.com

Here is the magic:
- Email sent from abcd1@yandex.ru to myemail@icloud.com is well delivered, but the same message sent from abcd2@yandex.ru to myemail@icloud.com - is not!
- Messages sent vice versa from myemail@icloud.com to abcd1@yandex.ru & abcd2@yandex.ru are both delivered
- Reply on the messages from myemail@icloud.com is again well delivered for abcd1@yandex.ru, but not delivered for abcd2@yandex.ru

This testing was repeated several times, keeping time intervals, 10min, 1 hour, 1 day etc – the result is the same.

Anybody in this world could explain what is the magic spam filtering/false-positive/false-negative happens at Apple/iCloud spam checking service?!

Conclusions, listed below have nothing to do with the email deliverability problem to Apple/iClous mail accounts:
- Senders domain names, emails and their reputations
- Senders mail server configurations (DKIM, SPF, Reverse DNS resolution, spam checking's etc)
- Senders message encoding, subject and message bodies

There is no clear resolution of this issue.
It is suggested to uncheck box “Trust junk mail headers in messages” in MAC OS users email client application

But this option is not available at web iCloud app and for non MAC OS users

There is no email contact, for all customers it is suggested to make a call 1 800 xxxxx

Not all customer worldwide could make call to Apple...
I would make a call if I am sure that this is a particular case, for the particular domain email delivery

But is is not, it is general problem

Sending message to support@icloud.com, abuse@icloud.com etc wouldn’t help, they do not respond

False Positive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.