You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot enable photostream

I have photostream turned on and is working on iPhone and iPad, but when I try to turn on photostream in iPhoto on my computer is says it cannot enable it.

User uploaded file

It does say that I am logged in under the correct apple ID.

I used to have it working fine earlier. I don't think I have changed anything recently.

Any thoughts on where to start?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jul 10, 2012 7:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2012 8:45 PM

What version of iPhoto? You must have OS X version 10.7.3 or 10.7.4 and iPhoto 9.2.2 or later - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4486

Your profile says OS X 10.7.2 which will not work

LN

5 replies

Jul 16, 2012 11:51 AM in response to brilehnhof

More less same problem here.

Photostream works fine between iPhone and iPad but not on iMac. Each activation (even in 2 steps : 1 in Pref, 2 in iPhoto) leads to the screen capture hereabove in first post. And the box in Pref be unticked after such failure.

Cannot activate photostream on my iMac running 10.7.4 and iPhoto '11 9.3.1.

Somebody got any other way to resolve this ?

Sep 19, 2012 1:33 AM in response to brilehnhof

I just had a related problem which demonstrates how Apple user-friendliness is slipping. I didn't see photo stream album in iphoto 11 (version 9.3.2, which is already confusing--couldn't it be 11.3.2 or something?). So, I went to preferences, saw it wasn't checked and clicked the box to activate it. The check mark appears for a split second but doesn't "stick". No error, just impossibility of checking it. So I look at ICloud system preferences and see that photostream is clicked there. On a whim, I unclicked it, went back to iphoto, and discovered that now I can enable photosharing and the box is clicked (although later when I look again it's unclicked). Who is designing this stuff?

Cannot enable photostream

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.