Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Hardware - no technical support in Chile

I am currently in Chile South america and there is NO Apple autorized technical support if you have a hardware issue, therefore if you need to repair your ipod you should do it by yourself mailing it to US or worst try repairing it with some non Apple repair shops (as indicated by the Santiago store manager, Jorge Contador).

Today I realized Apple is selling a product with 1 year warranty and after this period your Apple product wont have an authorized repair shop in the country were its selled....then you have 2 options, buy a new one and discard the failed product or send it to a repair shop and get back an Apple clone....

Why Apple sells products on a country were there are NO recognized repair shops? Why the Chilean autorized seller is not responding (Manager Mr.Jorge Contador) when a client is requesting repair service and instead of offering solutions is suggesting me just to buy a new one and discard the failed one? Is this what someone call Apple support to their customers?

Today I have my ipod touch 3rd generation with a non responsive touch screen and because the 1 year warranty expired I was told to send it for repair on my own and to a non Apple shops.....

iPod touch, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jul 10, 2012 9:12 PM

7 replies

Jul 11, 2012 12:34 AM in response to Supportless

Did you try and restore it? You can try and fix it yourself. Do a Google and YouTube search for replacing screen digitizer. There's all kinds of info on it.

Basic troubleshooting steps

User uploaded file

17" 2.2GHz i7 Quad-Core MacBook Pro  8G RAM  750G HD + OCZ Vertex 3 SSD Boot HD 
Got problems with your Apple iDevice-like iPhone, iPad or iPod touch? Try Troubleshooting 101
In Memory of Steve Jobs

Jul 11, 2012 6:29 AM in response to Mac-Medic

Dear MacMedic;

I restored, reset it but the problem is still not resolved. Went to youtube, followed the instructions and replaced the touch screen for a new one but the touch feature is still not responding. Looks like is something wrong on the main circuits underneath the screen connector. As I mentioned on my comments above, went to the local Apple store but they did not even try to open it, since they have no technical support in Chile.

Sep 28, 2012 7:51 AM in response to Supportless

I just went to MacOnline across Alto Las Condes (Av. Kennedy) and experienced the most lousy attention I could immagine for a store that sells exclusively Apple Products. Instead of selling me an adapter (cargador) MacSafe 85W with Chiliean electric plugs they gave me one with American plugs which do not work in Chile. I had to make a whole fuzz the next day in order to give it back because the package was open. I could only know after opening the package that they sold me a device with a plug which is not legal in Chile. (Yes illegal because nobody is allowed to build a house with American plugs in Chile!). Chile has the same plugs as in Italy! Why does Apple allow to give such a lousy service in Chile which is not up to the standards of the Apple philosophy and Apple products? Only Chileans know ....

Apple Hardware - no technical support in Chile

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.