Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to connect one Airport Express to another to increase range

I need to daisy chain 2 APE's together to increase the range for music playback. First one is hard wired to the amp, I need the 2nd one to connect to the first to extend it. Can't see how to do it in the manual or through perserverence. Does anyone know how this can be done? Please let me know. Cheers.

Posted on Jul 10, 2012 11:54 PM

5 replies

Feb 3, 2015 5:42 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Help here > Wi-Fi base stations: Extending the range of your wireless network by adding additional Wi-Fi base stations

Sorry, but this link points to a document that is 3+ years old, which bears no resemblence to any operating system used since Lion was introduced.

If a user still has Leopard or Snow Leopard on their Mac, then there might be some useful information in this document.

Feb 3, 2015 5:48 AM in response to tongdee1

I need to daisy chain 2 APE's together to increase the range for music playback.

We can tell you exactly how to do this with a step by step approach, but we need more information from you in order to provide the correct instructions.

1) What are the model numbers of the AirPort Express devices that you have? If you are not sure, look on the side or bottom of the device for the model number. It starts with an "A" followed by four numbers.

2) When you say "daisy chain", does this mean that the AirPorts will connect together using a wired Ethernet cable connection.....or.....will they connect using wireless?

3) What operating system do you have installed on your Mac? if you are not sure, click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of the screen, then click on About This Mac and post back with the OS X version number that you see there. Or, are you planning to use an iPhone or iPad for the setup?

How to connect one Airport Express to another to increase range

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.