Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Import Thunderbird Mails to Apple Mail

Sorry for putting this topic once again to the list - but all the Discusssions I found in the www didn´t help at all. My problem ist: I cant import all emails from Thunderbird to Mac Mail - and I tired both ways: export mbox files and then import them - and as well directly import thunderbird profiles by Mail. In the end, there where many Emails missing. In one Folder, there have been 2500 Mails - 480 of them made it.... :-(

Most of the discussions that I found let to an app called Eudora Mailbox CLeaner. Matter of fact: no Link was working, because it led to "Mobile Me" Accounts, that aint exisitng anymore or have been changed to "iCloud". Searching the www. brought me the information, that this Software wount be working on Macs with Lion OS.

So, to make a long sentence short: does anyboy have a working solution for Importing all Mails from Thunderbird to Mail?

It´ll be great!!!!

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 2:35 AM

43 replies

Jul 11, 2012 11:05 AM in response to Shootist007

1st: I am not switching from Windows - but used Ubuntu years before I switched to Mac. Thats why I allways used TB and still use it.

2nd: because TB has many features NOT that would be essential for working with MAC, iPhone, iPad etc. like it is thought. It starts by Adressbook Sync, continues on not automatical working sync of Lightning with iCal and goes on with many other issues like DL all mails another time, when the HDD is full once.

So: I want to share some time that I spend by export - import stuff, that could be transfered easily when there would be scripts, plug ins or 3rd party software......

Any solutions for my problem? ;-)

Jul 11, 2012 11:39 AM in response to Glenn Leblanc

First of all: thanks a lot for all quick replys!

@ Ernie: I Think I checked nearby all threads on this topic in the last weeks before I poste here. Anyway, if anybody knows a thread in there, that solves my prob: let me know! There is always the hazard of overreading something out there in the forest of www. where all solutions seem to be around - but covered by other trees.... ;-)

@ Glenn: But it is - as you can find by using Google about this prob. It is a choise by mail - but it doesnt import all mails properly. On the one hand it seems to be a problem of bis folders - but it isnt if you read all those million threads out there about this topic - and I can give you another proof. Big Folders are sometimes imported well - sometimes not. Same about small folders.

So, isnt there a solution out there?

Jul 11, 2012 12:13 PM in response to Ernie Stamper

Yea, Ernie, it is. BUT IT DOESNT WORK PROPERLY!!!!

Please read above: not all Mails are imported! And it isnt just 2 or three, its thousands missing. And yes, I tried the build in solutions of TB and Mail. And many times. I tried als well the export function via mbox Export, The build in Mail Function - the result was always the same.....

Jul 11, 2012 2:15 PM in response to Shootist007

Hi Shootist,

you may ask - but the answer is allready given in my first post:

1st: I used TB for years now, on WIN, UBUNTU and the last 3 or 4 Years on MAC as well.

And as I wrote on my second post in here:

2nd: because TB has many features NOT that would be essential for working with MAC, iPhone, iPad etc. like it is thought. It starts by Adressbook Sync, continues on not automatical working sync of Lightning with iCal and goes on with many other issues like DL all mails another time, when the HDD is full once.

I know, that TB has some features, that are hard to miss afterwards. Once again: I used it for years now and I loved it. But its no more covering all aspects of what I need - privately and for business usage.

I would be soooooo happy, if anybody would post an answer and not again another question, why not using TB instead of Mail.... ;-)

Jul 30, 2012 5:29 AM in response to Shootist007

Another reason to switch from Thunderbird to Mail is that Cloudmark now have their DesktopOne community spam filter available for Mail. One good reason for using Thunderbird on the Mac was that the early versions supported Cloudmark, and it was the only way of continuing to use Cloudmark on a Mac - but the later versions then lost that ability. Cloudmark is, in my view, the best spam filter available. That's why I am consulting this thread to figure out how to get from Thunderbird to Mail!

Import Thunderbird Mails to Apple Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.