Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac screensaver seems to not use all photos in file

I have some large image files that I use for screen savers but even in going in consecutive order I think its skipping photos becuase I can sit down at the computer and see the same images over and over out of several thousand in the folder and I don't think it displays all my photos. Is there a limit how many pics or how much memory is used on screen saver photos? Is there a buffer or does mac just pull up the pics from my photo file? any help is great I'm running g5 10.4.5

PowerMac, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 5:48 AM

5 replies

Jul 17, 2012 8:12 PM in response to Ramón G Castañeda

🙂 I don't write code so explain what's wrong with this scenario. Why is it difficult to access so many pictures is there a buffer? what determines what slides go into the buffer, how big is the buffer and how do it make it happen capt'n. what if i make multiple files and have the screensaver randomly display the files or better yet is there a software that can make a screensaver of thousands of photos.

Jul 26, 2012 4:16 PM in response to Ramón G Castañeda

Ramon the screensaver used to do just that! I've used it that way for many years and recently it has stopped drilling down through folders within my "pictures" folder and only shows the picture files that are in the top folder and not in another folder inside that "pictures" folder.

What IS wrong with what the questioner was trying to do?

mac screensaver seems to not use all photos in file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.