Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Probably an obvious question....

But I want to clean install Lion and delete my user so my brother can have the computer. I've already done a complete time machine backup of the drive and have migrated everything to another mac.

What's the simplest way to remove my user and start afresh? Do I need to reinstall or simply delete my user?

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 5:09 AM

1 reply

Jul 11, 2012 5:17 AM in response to mamelb

What year is your Mac? If it dod not come with Lion installed then you should not give, and or sell, it to anyone with Lion installed. If it came pre-installed with any other version of OS X then Lion you should put that, or newer version that you have a DVD for, of OS X in it before you give it away.

Why? Because if it came with an earlier version of OS X and you upgraded to Lion then Lion is Tied to YOUR Apple ID, not to the computer. That means that the reciever can not reinstall Lion, if needed, without using your Apple ID.

It is also against the license agreement for Lion, whether that matters to you.

Probably an obvious question....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.