Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes/Store not accessible behind web filter

Hi All,

I have a funny situation, when iTunes (with iPhone connected) is launched from a company network there is a prompt for authentication to the proxy, I can get past this by entering an administrator username and password, this keeps popping up however.

I want to know, what is the exact URL that iTunes connects to the iTunes store from within the application AND if it's possible to have the default action when a device is connected to not check for software updates or connect to the store.....

Thanks,

KlasiGrill

iPhone 4S, Windows 7

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 5:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 2:40 PM

I want to know, what is the exact URL that iTunes connects to the iTunes store from within the application

There's a number of ports and servers that might be in play. The following document might be of some help (see the 3. Configure your security software section):

iTunes: Troubleshooting security software issues

AND if it's possible to have the default action when a device is connected to not check for software updates or connect to the store.....

Depending on how the iTunes deployment is being managed, the following document might be of some help:

Windows OS Managed Client: How to manage iTunes control features

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2012 2:40 PM in response to KlasiGrill

I want to know, what is the exact URL that iTunes connects to the iTunes store from within the application

There's a number of ports and servers that might be in play. The following document might be of some help (see the 3. Configure your security software section):

iTunes: Troubleshooting security software issues

AND if it's possible to have the default action when a device is connected to not check for software updates or connect to the store.....

Depending on how the iTunes deployment is being managed, the following document might be of some help:

Windows OS Managed Client: How to manage iTunes control features

Aug 20, 2012 1:26 AM in response to b noir

FYI for anyone else using a Cisco ScanSafe Web Filtering Solution:

The windows version of iTunes doesn't support "silent" NTLM authentication, so if using a web filtering solution, this must be added to the exceptions.

For Scan Safe (using the Connector):

Modifiy the following two lines in the agent.properties file:

user.agent.skip.authentication=true

user.agent.skip.authentication.regexp=iTunes

Restart the Connector service.

iTunes/Store not accessible behind web filter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.