Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BC useless on new MacBook Pro

Brand new Macbook Pro. As it seems with many others here, the download feature will not pull windows drivers. Manual downloads of all available BC versions meet with the same problem "The version of Boot Camp is not intended for this computer model." That's just awesome. Let me just say how great it is to not even provide this stuff on media or even inside the OS. The download option requirement is a superb cluster.

Downloading what should be the correct version for my Macbook (041-0925 for a Macbook9,1)) and manually pulling out the WindowsSupport image and running the setup meets with the same error when trying to run it, "The version of Boot Camp is not intended for this computer model." I was however able to manually run the driver setup files and get the graphics driver and sound drivers working correctly. The trackpad however still has no right click capability. It would be really awesome if someone in Cupertino would get their head out of their posterior and fix this crap.

MacBook Pro, Windows 7

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 9:35 AM

1 reply

BC useless on new MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.