Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes says my purchased video isn't supported, when I try to sync it to my iPod touch.

I have an iTouch 2nd Generation, running Version 4.2.1. I have tried to purchase some TV shows, and they will not load. The error it gives me is that the video is not supported.

The videos I am trying to purchase are Star Wars, The Clone Wars out of Season 1. I already have a couple shows from season 1 loaded on my iTouch, and was just trying to buy more. The video on the ones already loaded is HD, as is the video on the ones I am trying to purchase.

From what I can see, I am running the current version, and there are no more updates available.

Is there a fix to this problem?

iPod touch, iOS 4.2

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 10:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2012 3:23 PM

Sounds like you are trying to sync the HD version of the TV Episode. You should try to download the Standard Definition copy instead and sync that to your device as HD content is not compatible with the 2G iPod Touch. See here for more information:

iTunes: May be unable to transfer videos to iPhone, iPad, or iPod

To prevent HD versions from being downloaded in the future head to the iTunes Store, click the Purchased link, and then select TV Shows and remove the tick mark next to Download HD when available. You should be able to download the SD version now from under this same page.

B-rock

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2012 3:23 PM in response to cbarrett828

Sounds like you are trying to sync the HD version of the TV Episode. You should try to download the Standard Definition copy instead and sync that to your device as HD content is not compatible with the 2G iPod Touch. See here for more information:

iTunes: May be unable to transfer videos to iPhone, iPad, or iPod

To prevent HD versions from being downloaded in the future head to the iTunes Store, click the Purchased link, and then select TV Shows and remove the tick mark next to Download HD when available. You should be able to download the SD version now from under this same page.

B-rock

iTunes says my purchased video isn't supported, when I try to sync it to my iPod touch.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.