Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S wall charger specifications?

My iPhone 4S battery is acting weird lately. I tried various settings, tried restore, but still usage time isn't so good (up to 5h). So I wanted to measure capacity of battery somehow. Since there is no some software for that, I think of something. I wanted to find out somehow, how much mAh is iPhone 4S wall charger, so that I could measure the exact time of charging from 0-100% and than calculate how much capacity is my battery. But I don't know how to find out hom much mAh does apple wall charger produce? Can someone realize this from this picture, or can tell me some official information?

User uploaded file

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 11:30 AM

2 replies

Jul 11, 2012 12:27 PM in response to milandc

All of the information is right there. Output: 5 V, 1A. If you can't figure it out from that you probably can't do the rest of the calculation either.

1A = 1,000 ma

So if you charge for 1 hour the charger will put out 1 hr x 1,000 ma = 1,000 mah.

If you charge for 2 hours the charger will supply 2 hr x 1,000 ma = 2,000 mah.

But I'm not sure how that helps you, because the charging circuit in the iPhone is less that 100% efficient. The battery in the 4S has a capacity of 1430 mah. As the charger supplies 1,000 ma, it should take 1.430 hours or 1 hour 28 minutes to charge if the charger was 100% efficient. Suppose it takes 2 hours. What does that tell you?

Sep 17, 2012 12:48 PM in response to milandc

if you have not had better success with getting the most from your iPhone battery read this Apple article that offers some excellent suggestions to address the concerns you are having:

http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html

Many iPhone users are unaware of the background tasks their phones may continually be performing that can have a significant impact on battery charge duration.

iPhone 4S wall charger specifications?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.