Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What if I connect the camera adaptor and it says there is not enough power to support it? (fully charged iPad)

What if when I connect the camera adaptor attachment and a message appears that there is not enough power? My iPad is fully charged and I was only downloading three pictures. ???

iPad 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 12:25 PM

9 replies

Jul 11, 2012 12:40 PM in response to jopalmsea

What are you connecting it to ? If connecting to a camera then some cameras (e.g. Canon) have a menu setting to enable 'picture transfer protocol' (PTP / Pictbridge) and/or 'mass storage device' which you need to set. If trying to use a third-party card reader or a flash drive then a lot of them require more power than is supplied to the kit.

Jul 11, 2012 12:42 PM in response to jopalmsea

This might help ya out -> iPad: Using iPad Camera Connector with unsupported USB devices

If you encounter an issue trying to connect a digital camera through an unsupported USB device, try the following steps:

1. Disconnect the iPad Camera Connector from iPad.
  2. Disconnect any USB device connected to the iPad Camera Connector.
  3. Restart iPad.
  4. Reconnect the iPad Camera Connector and then connect your digital camera directly to the iPad Camera Connector.

You may need to connect certain cameras, USB Audio, or MIDI devices to a powered USB hub for the iPad Camera Connector to detect them. Find more information on using the iPad Camera Connection Kit.

Note: If you encounter an issue using a USB audio or MIDI device, contact the manufacturer to confirm that the device is compatible with the iPad Camera Connector.

What type of camera do you have connected to the adapter?

Jul 11, 2012 3:00 PM in response to whatheck

Apple. Bought it today at Best Buy. Just read something on line about apple cutting back it's power output or something. It sounds like this is the problem. Apple may not have made it so it can handle the camera. If that is the case, they definitely should have a BIG disclaimer on the package. Very dissapointing. What am I going to use the USB port for? Sounds like nothing since I already have a wireless keyboard. I was hoping to be able to connect the camera directly to the iPad through the kit as shown right on the package. But no. I think it is going back to the store. The card reader is ok but $29 is steep for that function alone.

What if I connect the camera adaptor and it says there is not enough power to support it? (fully charged iPad)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.