Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Accidentally" installed Vista onto my new 13' Macbook Pro and am now stuck in WIndows.

I installed Vista on the newest model, and yes, I realize now that it doesn't accept anything other than Win 7. I am now in Vista with the Wifi not working and no visible way to switch back to OSX. How can I get back to the Mac side, and additionally uninstall Vista? The CD i made earlier to complete Boot Camp installation gives the error:

D:\

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail.

Please help. 😟

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), Windows Vista

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 12:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 12:45 PM

Reboot, hold the option key down at the sound of the chime, when the boot manager appears select OSX

then

Read the Boot Camp manual (if you had you would have known how to get from one OS to the other), then use Boot Camp Assistant to remove the Boot Camp Partition. Backup before going further! if you want Windows on your Mac purchase Win7 and install it onto a 60G or larger partition, install the Windows support software after Windows is installed.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2012 12:45 PM in response to CrackedIce

Reboot, hold the option key down at the sound of the chime, when the boot manager appears select OSX

then

Read the Boot Camp manual (if you had you would have known how to get from one OS to the other), then use Boot Camp Assistant to remove the Boot Camp Partition. Backup before going further! if you want Windows on your Mac purchase Win7 and install it onto a 60G or larger partition, install the Windows support software after Windows is installed.

Jul 11, 2012 12:47 PM in response to CrackedIce

you didn't read how to use Option key? basic Mac 101 what the startup keys are.

x = Mac OS X also

Option or Command + r = Lion Recovery

Option = boot OS selection

In OS X to go Startup Disk control panel (system preferences) and set to OS X

Use BCA to remove, download and burn Windows 8 RP, free for now, and burn that to a DVD (2x slow speed) and just format-install over Vista partition.

"Accidentally" installed Vista onto my new 13' Macbook Pro and am now stuck in WIndows.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.