Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Won't Start In Windows 7 Ultimate

For a year I've been using the latest version of iTunes on a Dell XPS 17 laptop running Windows 7 Ultimate without incident. Suddenly iTunes won't open. There is no Apple Push process running and trying to run it as Administrator did nothing. I tried rebooting several times, but that also did nothing. Can anyone help?

Windows 7

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 12:57 PM

6 replies

Jul 11, 2012 2:23 PM in response to wiclee

Thanks, but I'm wondering if this solution will work because this isn't my problem. On the page that describes the problem and solution, it says it happens after upgrading iTunes and that iTunes shows in Task Manager as an application that's running. First, I didn't just upgrade iTunes. I'm almost positive that the version I am running (10.6.1) opened ok before. Second, when I try to open it, nothing happens. It doesn't show as a running application or process. Do you stil think that this solution will work? Thanks in advance for your help.

Jul 11, 2012 4:16 PM in response to wiclee

Interesting. I did as you suggested. That did get iTunes to open, but then there was another problem. It asked me if I wanted to download the latest version (10.6.3). I clicked on download and nothing happened. I closed iTunes and opened it again and the same thing happened. So I went to Apple's site and downloaded 10.6.3 manually. That solved all of the problems. It opens normally and (obviously) there's no issue with not being able to download the latest version because I have it.

Thanks for your help.

iTunes Won't Start In Windows 7 Ultimate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.