Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Create a new iTunes column for "Play count/skip count ratio"?

Is it possible to somehow create a new column in iTunes for "Play count/skip count" ratio? I usually use Play Count as a way to determine what songs I like the most, but this typically excludes newer songs (unless I limit the playlist by date).

However, if I had a new column that took a song's play count and compared it to the song's skip count (such as 50 plays to 2 skips, 25:1; versus 20 plays and 5 skips, 4:1), then it'd be easier to see what songs I truly like, regardless of its age.

So, can this be done in iTunes at all, or is it absolutely not feasible?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4), 3.2 GHz Intel Core i3, 16 GB RAM

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 2:08 PM

1 reply

Jul 11, 2012 2:44 PM in response to GaryKing

There is no way for a user to create a custom column, and none of the existing columns can do any sort of calculations like this. The only way you could achive something like this would be to do the ratio calculation externally and then past that information into the Comments and then display that column. It might be possible to automate this with an AppleScript, but I'm not certain.

Regards.

Create a new iTunes column for "Play count/skip count ratio"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.