Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband has detected a midi timeout.

I had a digidesign driver installed in order to use an Mbox 2 but my mac never picked up the Mbox. After using garageband multiple times, the application refused to respond one day and I have not been able to get it to open. I have deleted the digidesign driver but to no avail. Garageband tells me:

"GarageBand has detected a MIDI timeout. Please restart your computer, then relaunch GarageBand.

If the problem persists, update the drivers of all connected MIDI devices (including audio drivers with MIDI functionality) to the latest version. For instructions on removing older drivers, consult the manufacturers' documentation."

I tried creating another admin account but I continue to run into the same problem. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

GarageBand (Mac) '11, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 4:11 PM

1 reply

Feb 2, 2013 3:24 PM in response to crhoad510

SOLVED; Found Some digidesign stuff in /library/audio (system library -- I had deleted all of the audio drivers in the user library.

Still doubt that I can use my M-Box with GB, but that's OK, I can just use Audacity & then import the tracks into GB or just the opposite.

I should have read the posts listed in the right hand column.

Cheers,

carl

Garageband has detected a midi timeout.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.