Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S sound problems. Headphones and speaker. Very frustrated!!

I am having very frustrating problems with my iPhone 4S and sound. I am beginning to believe it is a iOS software problem as Apple gave me a new phone under warranty a few weeks ago and now I am having the same problems with my new iPhone.

Here is a brief summary of the issues. I am using the phone when I run so it is difficult to fix as I am running and it is ruining my workouts to pause to fix it.

1. Headset sounds cuts out frequently in two main ways. When playing automatically pauses and then I need to hit "play". The bigger problem is I often have to unplug the headset and plug it back in again. Then this repeats after a few minutes. Often the problem is so bad that it only plays for a few seconds then the sound stops.

2. My speaker is also not working after I remove the headset. The dock connector shows to be selected.

I have tried many of the suggested fixes as follows:

1. Cleaning the jack plug as well as the dock connector at the bottom.

2. Numerous settings resets and hard reboots.

3. Reinstalling backups

4. Tried different headphones

Short of showing up at an Apple Store and getting another new iPhone I am looking for other solutions.

I am not confident that the new Phone will fix my problems.

Apple - pls post a solution and issue bug fix ASAP!

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 5:51 PM

There are no replies.

iPhone 4S sound problems. Headphones and speaker. Very frustrated!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.