3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 12, 2012 7:18 AM by Winston Churchill
cljjkelly Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I bought a new computer in 7/2011.  Every single song i ever bought before that time shows up on my purchased list, but with the dreaded"!" before it.  I have followed every possible attempt to fix that I can find from Apple, but this music doesn't seem to be anywhere else on my compuiter, and I can't transfer it from an existing baby shuffle.  It's ALOT of music and money, and it's unthinkable to even consider purchasing it all over again.

Thank you.

Linda

• Winston Churchill Level 10 Level 10 (87,265 points)

cljjkelly wrote:

.......Every single song i ever bought before that time shows up on my purchased list......

For the avoidance of doubt, what do you mean by purchased list.

• cljjkelly Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

On the itunes left-side menu, under itunes store, is a category for purchased music that lists all songs purchased on itunes.  HTH.

• Winston Churchill Level 10 Level 10 (87,265 points)

I believe you mean the purchased playlist.

The icon you see means that iTunes can't find the original file.

You should try using search to look for the file on your computer (not iTunes), if you find them, click the tune in iTunes to play it and show iTunes where it is when prompted.

If you don't find the original file:

Try deleting the problematic tune (electing to remove original file if/when prompted) and then re-downloading the file from the iTunes store.

You can re-download content purchased from the iTunes store (availability varies depending on location) using the purchased option from the Quick Links section in the top right corner of the iTunes homepage in your iTunes application on your computer.

You can re-download content purchased from the iTunes store (availability varies depending on location) using the purchased option at the bottom of the screen of the iTunes app on your iOS device.