Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Profilemanager - A network error...

Hi,

I have been searching around for this but can't find a fix around so am hoping theirs a wizard here!

Basically I had some issues setting up profile manager at first but all of this got sorted once the correct ports were activated. I was able to enrol an iPad for testing and had a little play around with the settings that you can enable and disable.

This was all working great, I was able to remove the device and re-add it etc etc!

Anyways, I recently just wiped the iPad using the (Mydevices) option in the browser and started all the process again, downloaded and installed the certificate, then I tried to enroll but I recieved an error suggesting "A network error has occured Could not connect to the server". I found this bizzard but perhaps assumed it was the iPad so I took a second iPad brand new out the box to test and got the same error! :-(

Nothing has changed at all, nothing!

I tried rebooting the server, turning profile manager on and off etc in the hope it was a little niggle but it seems quite persistant.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 4:45 AM

1 reply

Jul 13, 2012 1:13 AM in response to Sinerg1

Anyone got any ideas?

I keep finding posts from people suggesting that its to do with the ports although the ports were opened and have not been touched since.

I have also tried changing the settings in Open Directory by changing the Role from Open Directory master to something else then converting it back. No luck!

Profilemanager - A network error...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.