Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP ME! My MacBook Keeps Freezing!

Ok, I really have no Idea whats going on, some things freeze and some things don't.

Preview, Microsoft Word, started freezing first, at that time I got a pop up saying I had a courrpt font and it was going to be disabled, but I never say that again.

Anyway I figured it was probably a bad font so I tried to open font book, but it freezes, I tried to to open disk utility to repair my hard drive maybe, BUT IT FREEZES TOO!!!

Also Utorrent freezes, and so does Chrome on certain websites (like keepvid.com a youtube downloading website.)

And get ready for the big on Console Freezes! So I Can't even read my crash logs.

When my programs freeze I am able to force quit them with in a minute so I don't have to restart, but If I leave them to see if they will run the whole computer freezes.

Also, yesterday there was a number missing from my MacBooks digital clock, the time read 9:4 AM instead of 9:45 AM, ***?

I have my OSX disk should I just reinstall eveything? and if so how would I go about doing that?

Any help would be greatly apperciated!

THANKS

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 6:51 AM

There are no replies.

HELP ME! My MacBook Keeps Freezing!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.