Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook 2010 Charger Port / DC Port Broken

Basically, my charger has been fine up untill about 2 months ago where I noticed that not only did I have to fiddle around it my charger for it to charge but also the actual part where the metal pins connect was pushed in.

It was a bit annoying and as time went it it got harder and harder to charge until I actually couldn't charge only leave it plugged in format to stay alive

Yesterday I was at a friends place I brang my charger along as he has computer problems of his own and for some reason the second I plugged it in it begin to charge.

Thinking it fixed itself I went home later to find that not only was it very pushed in but unable to charge at all

Seeing has I have no warranty or apple care I decided to open it up and attempt to push the DC port (that's what it's called right?) out again. I managed to unscrew and move it out only to find that the port was broken somehow ;(

Any ideas or anything?

I would appreciate a response containing anything at all.

It is on 20% and I am positive that I didn't damage it when I opened it

Maybe to much power went into it?

Time Capsule-OTHER

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 6:39 AM

There are no replies.

MacBook 2010 Charger Port / DC Port Broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.